Closing Date: 22 November 2014 at 12:00
Applications are invited from employees who are in possession of preferably a Grade 12 School Certificate with Mathematics and Science and who are interested and have the ability to be trained for the ultimate appointment as Technical Worker.
Successful applicants will be remunerated at the salary scale applicable to Trainee Technical Worker or on their current salaries until they are certified competent to be appointed to the parent grade, provided that their current salary is not higher than the maximum salary of the parent grade being appointed to.
To be trained over a period of plus minus 36 months in Signalling functions including Train Working Rules in order to obtain the necessary skills to become a Technical Worker.
After successful completion of all required training at School of Rail (Esselenpark) and at the depot including Train Working Rules, successful applicants will be appointed as Technical Worker and will be responsible for the following outputs:
- Well maintained and installed Signalling apparatus
- Replaced broken Signalling parts
- Completed R.C.M task sheets
- Manage staff
- Tested equipment and parts
- Completed potential failure reports
- Completed vehicle reports
- Completed output and time allocation documents
- Performed maintenance on Signalling equipment
- Performed maintenance on batteries
Qualifications & Experience
- Preferably a Grade 12 School Certificate with Mathematics and Science
- Be in possession of a (Code B) driver’s licence and be competent and prepared to drive such a vehicle
- Conflict handling
- Technical skills
- Replacement of Signal parts
- Company image
- People skills
- Maintenance of all Signalling apparatus being used
|Location (Ref. No.)||How to Apply|
|Vredendal (50002111)||Apply Online or [email protected]|
|Groblershoop (50002137)||Apply Online or Fax: 0117749199|
|Saldanha (50002110)||Apply Online or [email protected]|
Comments are closed.