Closing Date: 22 November 2013
Ref. No: 50002073
To be trained ofer a period of approximately 24 months in Track Welding maintenance functions including Train Working Rules in order to obtain the necessary skills to become a Trade Hand (Level 4) (v) (Track Welding). After successful completion of all the required training at a Transnet Freight Rail Training College (including Train Working Rules) successful applicants will be appointed as Trade Hand (Level 4).
- General welding
- Repair skidmarks
- Manage material and equipment
- Weld and grind exothermic joints
- Weld and grind standard type rail crossing
Qualifications & Experience :
- Be in possession of a (Code B) Driver’s Licence and be competent and prepared to drive such a vehicle
- Comply with the visual acuity and colour perception requirements
- Grade 12
- Physically fit
- Sound hearing
- Protection Permanent Way
- First aid
- Basic knowledge of Train Working Rules, regulations and instructions
- Basic knowledge of Permanent Way instructions and related work
- Fire fighting techniques
- Grinding/welding equipment andprocesses
- Organising resources
- Cost conscious
- Quality and safety conscious
- Prepared to work away from home depot
How to Apply
Apply Online or Fax: 0117749199
Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Comments are closed.