Closing Date: 14 May 2014
Ref. No: 20000626
The Graduate in Training role is a development pipeline for key roles within Transnet Port Terminals. The programme seeks to place graduates in specific areas according to their academic background, career aspirations and TPT business requirements. The Graduate trainee will receive exposure in the various areas to facilitate the execution and monitor the Internal Control initiatives and activities to ensure effective functioning of the controls to create a sound Internal Control environment within TPT.
- B.Com degree in Accounting
- Previous work experience will be an advantage
- Monitor the various internal control systems (example SAP GRC, CURA, CSA, CCM) to ensure that the systems are up to date and accurately completed by the process owner.
- To extract reports from the various systems and actively follow up with the relevant process owner on exceptions.
- To maintain an accurate database for the internal control system to ensure data is accurate and up to date and to ensure that users are adequately trained on the system.• Engage with process owner and TIA to ensure smooth execution of the internal audit review.
- To prepare monthly reports as and when required.
- Identify non-compliance to control and develop and propose mitigating controls to ensure that risk is addressed.
- To minute key Governance discussions to enhance the effectiveness of TPT’s control environment to maintain audit trails.
- Basic understanding of internal audit methodology and concepts
- Knowledge of PFMA and other applicable legislation
- Above average computer skills
- High ethical standards
- Strong communication skills
- Good time management skills
How to Apply
Apply for the Transnet Traineeship Program 2014 or
Email: [email protected]