Closing Date: 10 April 2015
The Young Professionals – In-Training (YPT) role within Group Insurance will focus on the various Insurance and Claims Processes within the different Insurance Portfolios, which include amongst others, Assets All Risk & Business Interruption, Construction Insurance, Injury on Duty, Marine & Aviation & Claims Systems. YPTs will also be exposed to orientation, on-job training, technical, professional development and action-learning initiatives.
Position outputs :
Assets All Risk Programme
- Annual Insurance renewal process
- Active involvement in the risk engineering underwriting surveys to identify risks and exposures
- Claims recoveries on behalf of all Transnet Operating Divisions
- Assets Claims on behalf of all Transnet Operating Divisions
- Risk retention vehicle, rolling stock & other Assets (Aggregate Fund)
- Identify and mitigate strategic, operational and insurance related risks and exposures and identify all control breaches and ensures in conjunction with ODs and Specialist Units closure of such breaches.
- Managing relationships with brokers, legal firms, loss adjusters, insurers both (international and local) Insurance compliance and advice
- Monthly reports and statistics Construction Insurance
- Identification of risks, determination of the appropriate level of risk transfer and secure the optimal coverage for the organisation for all construction activities.
- Collate underwriting information and review coverage specifications from insurance brokers for all new projects.
- Oversee construction insurance placements with regards to terms, conditions and pricing.
- Oversee loss control and claims on all projects.
- Monitor and report on Operating Division and Specialist Unit compliance with insurance and claims process/ procedure for construction risks.
- Advise and consult on pending new projects with regards to budgeting, insurance requirements of various parties as well as mitigating risks.
Third Party Liability Claims, Group Personal Accident Policies
- Management of General Liability claims in terms of the Law of Delict and the General Liability Policy terms and conditions.
- Claims process, including investigation, negotiation and settlement of third party claims
- Inspections in Loco, Attending Courts of Law, Consulting with Attorneys & Witnesses
- Effective management of the Group Personal Accident Policies
- Reporting and statistics
- Communicate insurance and claims handling measures, protocols and standards to all employees at all levels of the organisation
- Transnet Funeral Benefit Scheme
INJURY ON DUTY CLAIMS
- Annual assessment payable to the Compensation Commissioner
- Administration of Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases claims in compliance with the Workmen’s Compensation Fund
- Handling of all correspondence regarding claims and settlement of accounts between injured employees and Operating Divisions, Specialist Units and suppliers.
- Data capturing
- Payment of Medical accounts
- Investigate queries relating to medical accounts
Qualifications & Experience
- LLB, B Proc, BCom (Law) or BCom (Information Systems) qualifications from a recognised South African Tertiary Institution.
- Transnet will only consider applicants that are currently unemployed.
- Insurance & Claims Knowledge
- Magistrate & High Court procedures
- Case law knowledge and application
- Time Management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer Literacy
- Attention to detail
How to Apply
Comments are closed.