Closing Date: 24 May 2013
The Takeover Regulation Panel, a regulatory agency of the Department of Trade and Industry responsible for regulating mergers and takeovers transactions under the South African Company Law, invites graduates in Law, Finance or Accounting to apply for 2 internship opportunities for a period of 1 year commencing 01 July 2013 and ending 30 June 2014.
Although this Internship Programme is primarily aimed at graduates in possession of relevant degrees, suitable candidates with relevant practical experience and demonstrated interest in the fields of Company Law and Corporate Finance are also encouraged to apply.
- Requirements for Law Graduates:
- Applications will only be considered from graduates with 4 year LLB and/or Bcom Law degrees with a keen and demonstrated interest in Company/Corporate Law;
- Preference will be given to graduates or parttime students with LLM degrees specialising in Company/Corporate Law.
- Requirements for Finance/Accounting Graduates:
- Applications will only be considered from graduates with a 3 year Bcom Degree specialising in Finance/Accounting with a demonstrated and keen interest in Corporate Finance and/or Corporate Law;
- Preference will be given to Honours/Masters graduates or parttime students specialising in Finance/Accounting.
- Special Note:
- Applications are invited only from unemployed South African citizens aged between 18 and 35 years;
- Applicants who have already participated in any Government Internship Programme will not be considered and if it is found to be the case after appointment, the contract will be terminated with immediate effect;
- The Takeover Regulation Panel is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment, especially in race, gender and disability;
- Successful applicants shall receive a monthly stipend of R6 000,00 for the duration of the programme and;
- The Internship programme shall be at the offices of the Takeover Regulation Panel, based in Johannesburg and any successful applicant outside Johannesburg will be expected to organise transport and accommodation at his/her own expense for the duration of the programme;
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted to attend interviews at the offices of the Takeover Regulation Panel and if you have not been contacted in a period of 1 month of the closing date of this invitation please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
How to Apply
CV, certified copies of qualifications and ID should be posted to: P O Box 91833, Auckland Park, 2006 or hand delivered to 1st floor Building B, Sunnyside Office Park, 32 Princess of Wales Terrace, Parktown, Johannesburg for the attention of Ms Prudence Swarts. or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 0862749056.