If you live, eat and breathe fashion, this is your chance to catapult your potential in partnership with South Africa’s leading fashion retailer. The exciting launch of the Truworths Fashion Academy is a unique opportunity for creatively talented and tenacious school graduates from disadvantaged backgrounds to enter the dynamic
world of fashion and retail! The Truworths Fashion Academy is offering student funding to qualifying applicants to study at the acclaimed Design Academy of Fashion (DAF) in Cape Town. On completion of your Fashion Diploma, you will qualify for consideration to enter the Truworths Trainee Buying Programme. The funding will contribute towards tuition fees as well as the equipment required to complete the DAF Diploma in Fashion Design.
- An entrance Portfolio comprising of:
- Essay: The information in your essay reflects your character and your style of writing, therefore you will need to include your background, passions and your future goals.
- A3 size storyboard consisting of three designs that form a range. Please note as there are no specific requirements for your storyboard, additions such as fabric swatches and a mood board will add to the overall presentation.
- Matric Certification.
- Any other work you might wish to include which will add to the overall standard of your portfolio.
- In line with Truworths’ commitment to transformation and black economic empowerment, only Black applicants from a disadvantaged backgrounds can be considered.
Please complete the Application Form and submit to Bianca Fobian at: PO Box 13390, Mowbray, 7705