CLOSING DATE: 10 JANUARY 2014
UMkhanyakude District Municipality is inviting applications for a limited number of bursaries to students who are residing within its jurisdiction and who are already or wish to pursue studies at tertiary institutions in the following fields:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Town and Regional Planning
- Commerce/Financial Management
- Information Communication Technology
- Community Development
The purpose of the bursary scheme is to provide financial assistance for education and skills development of historically disadvantaged students who are residing within UMkhanyakude District Municipality (Mtubatuba, Hlabisa, Big 5 False Bay, Jozini and Umhlabuyalingana). To this end, the bursary policy is committed to achieve the Employment Equity imperatives within the National Skills Development
Strategy III and municipality’s strategic priorities.
Within the framework of the municipality’s policy, the selection of candidates is based on the following criteria:
- Be a historically disadvantaged South African citizen residing within UMkhanyakude District Municipality.
- Be an undergraduate student at tertiary institution or a Grade 12 student who wish to study at a recognised institution of higher learning in the Republic of South Africa
- Preference will be gives to application who excel academically and/or demonstrate potential
- Be willing to serve the municipality after completion of studies
How to Apply
Application forms are obtained at the Reception Area of UMkhanyakude District Municipality (Mkuze) and Local Municipalities (Mtubatuba, Hlabisa, Jozini, Big 5 False Bay and Umhlabuyalingana). Completed application forms and relevant attachments must be hand- delivered at the Reception Area of the above mentioned Municipalities or be posted to: The Municipal Manager, P.O Box 449, Mkuze, 3965. Enquiries can be directed to: Mr D.W. Mtawali, The Skills Development Facilitator on (035) 573 8695 during office hours.
Enquiries can be directed to: Mr D.W. Mtawali, The Skills Development Facilitator on (035) 573 8695 during office hours.
If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please accept that your application has not met the requirements. Late applications will not be considered.
Comments are closed.