Closing Date: 05 September 2014
Duration: 1 year
The candidate will be working on various projects and innovations to assist the Production Unit Manager.
- Look after all innovations in the tea factory by ensuring the change management procedures are followed from inception to launch
- Assist in drafting of WCM standards for Operators and train them.
- Ensure that factory layout for a range of products considers optimal flow of material and people to minimize handling and transportation distances for the new and existing lines.
- Map out the flow of each packaging material from the warehouse to the point of use, ensuring minimum distance and optimum flow of material. Also consider return of empty pallets, non-used packaging material and out of spec material ensuring efficient flow throughout the process.
- Carry out engineering calculations and check the assumptions of Tea silo capacities are correct
- Ensure that the design of the silos and transfer system is capable of meeting packing requirements and factory run strategy-Rooibos system
- Lead HAZOP studies in the project areas of the factory to ensure safety in design.
- Lead the commissioning of new lines and equipment.
- Ensure that the factory design meets all key projects KPI’s to ensure the success of the project.
- Assists in factory hand over after the project ensuring delivery of all KPI’s and snag list completion is achieved.
- BSc Industrial or B. Tech in Industrial Engineering / Chemical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering
- 1-2 years’ experience in factory environment will be advantageous.
- Basic knowledge of process control and basic mechanical instruments.
- Exposure or theoretical knowledge in HAZOP studies
- Knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Knowledge of SAP or SCADA software advantageous
- Project Management and Problem Solving skills crucial
- Presentation Skills
- Communication Skills
Please attach academic results and final certificate to applications. Your application without this information will not be valid.
How to Apply
Apply for the Unilever Engineering In-Service Training Programme 2015
This role is only open to candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa.