Location: Cape Town
Closing Date: before 28 March 2012
UTi is a leading Supply Chain company and we are in the process of recruiting top-class individuals to participate in a 12-month Learnership Programme, starting in the next two weeks – in March 2012. The programme will offer candidates the opportunity to gain invaluable work experience whilst studying towards a nationally-recognized qualification, which is paid for by UTi.
UTi is offering two different Learnership Programmes in Cape Town, as follows:
- Freight Handling: This programme is for individuals who are interested in ensuring the safe handling of freight within the warehouse environment of our business – a National Certificate in Freight Handling (NQF Level 3).
- Business Administration: This programme is for individuals who are interested in the administration function within our business – a National Certificate in Business Administration (NQF Level 3).
- Applicants must have a completed Matric / Grade 12, and must be South African citizens.
- The programme is a 12-month, full-time commitment (Monday – Friday, with time off to attend classes and examinations / assessments).
- Successful applicants will receive a monthly allowance of R3200 per month, to cover the cost of travel to and from the UTi premises where they are based.
- The qualification will be issued to the candidate upon successful completion of the 12-month period, as well as successful completion of the required examinations and assessments.
After applying, PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT REGULARLY. Successful candidates will be contacted via email only. Pre-employment Assessments & Interviews will be conducted over the next tewo weeks.
***If you previously applied to the UTi Learnership – in Nov 2011 – please do not re-apply ***
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- work in a team as well as individually
- communicate professionally in English (written and verbal)
- work accurately and with attention to detail
- ability to grasp and process new information
- arrive punctually for work
- work without supervision
- MS Office and Outlook (Internet and E-Mail)
- the basic services and products that a distribution / logistics company offers
UTi Worldwide Inc. is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company providing air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services. The company serves a large and diverse base of global and local companies, including clients operating in industries with unique supply chain requirements such as the pharmaceutical, retail, apparel, chemical, automotive and technology industries. UTi, together with its exclusive partners, operates a global network of freight forwarding offices and contract logistics and distribution centres in a total of 144 countries.
UTi Africa aims to be the company that everybody wants to work for and with, where people are our competitive advantage. As a result, we are always looking for qualified people to join our teams.
We offer you the opportunity to be part of a rapidly expanding, world-class supply chain services and integrated solutions organisation. Join a team that cherishes long-term relationships with clients and encourages innovation to optimize each of our clients’ supply chains. As an employee you will have the opportunity to develop yourself personally and professionally through our existing development programmes. As an industry leader, we offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented work environment.
Apply Online before 28/03/2012.