Closing Date: 08 December 2014
Grab this opportunity to gain 12 months hands-on experience in one of our busy warehouses or distribution centres, plus a nationally recognised qualification in the following areas:
- Business Administration – Location: Johannesburg West, , Johannesburg North, Port Elizabeth, Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg East,
- Freight Handling (Warehousing & Distribution) – Location: Johannesburg West, Cape Town, Johannesburg East,
- Information Technology: Systems Support, Systems Development & Database Development – Location: East London, Johannesburg West, Johannesburg North, Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg East,
- Freight Forwarding & Custom Compliance – Location: Port Elizabeth, East London, Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg East,
- Road Transport Supervision – Location: Johannesburg West,
- Project Coordination – Location: Johannesburg West, Johannesburg East,
- Busines Administration – Location: Johannesburg West,
- Supply Chain Solutions – Location: Newcastle, Johannesburg East, George, Pietermaritzburg
- Accounting Technician – Location: Johannesburg East,
- Human Resources Processes – Location: Johannesburg East,
- Road Transport Supervision – Location: Johannesburg East,
Applicants must have completed Matric / Grade 12, or are currently doing Grade 12 and must be South African citizens.
The programme is a 12-months, full-time commitment (Monday – Friday, with time off to attend classes and examinations / assessments).
Successful applicants will receive a monthly allowance of R3200 per month, to cover the cost of travel to and from the UTi premises where they are based.
The qualification will be issued to the candidate upon successful completion of the 12-months period, as well as successful completion of the required examinations and assessments.
After applying please ensure you receive a confirmation of your application and check your emails regularly and make sure your cellphone is active at all times.
Successful candidates will be contacted via Email AND SMS. Pre-employment Assessments & Interviews will be conducted from JANUARY 2015 onwards.
PLEASE APPLY ONLY ONCE TO THE REGION APPLICABLE TO YOU.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- arrive punctually for work
- Ability to grasp and process new information.
- open and deal with incoming mail
- operate office equipment (photocopiers, fax machines, switchboards, etc.)
- use MS Excel (intermediate)
- use MS Word (intermediate)
- work accurately and neatly
- work without supervision
- work in a team as well as individually
- the basic services and products that a distribution / logistics company offers