Closing Date: 08 December 2014
Grab this opportunity to gain 12 months hands-on experience in one of our busy warehouses or distribution centres, plus a nationally recognised qualification in the following area:
1. Supply Chain Solutions
The purpose is to provide learners with the competencies required to engage in the processes and inter-relationships across the supply chain so as to create sustainable value for organisations. This qualification is aimed at overcoming the traditional functional approach to operations and management, and at fostering supply chain integration to the advantage of all stakeholders. The candidate must be willing to self – study and be comfortable with using technology.
Preferred Candidate Profile:
- Hi-energy individuals
- Can be placed in any environment (we are a supply chain company)
- Prepared to do self-study, training provider contact sessions will be low
- Workplace provider to provide extra time during working hours to work on projects and assignments (due to the low number of contact sessions)
- Comfortable with using technology as a means of education (no it’s NOT online courses)
- English and Mathematics
- Computer Literacy
Applicants must have completed Matric / Grade 12, or are currently doing Grade 12 and must be South African citizens.
The programme is a 12-months, full-time commitment (Monday – Friday, with time off to attend classes and examinations / assessments).
Successful applicants will receive a monthly allowance of R3200 per month, to cover the cost of travel to and from the UTi premises where they are based.
The qualification will be issued to the candidate upon successful completion of the 12-months period, as well as successful completion of the required examinations and assessments.
After applying please ensure you receive a confirmation of your application and check your emails regularly and make sure your cellphone is active at all times.
Successful candidates will be contacted via Email and SMS. Pre-employment Assessments & Interviews will be conducted from January 2015 onwards.
PLEASE APPLY ONLY ONCE TO THE REGION APPLICABLE TO YOU.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- arrive punctually for work
- Ability to grasp and process new information.
- open and deal with incoming mail
- operate office equipment (photocopiers, fax machines, switchboards, etc.)
- use MS Excel (intermediate)
- use MS Word (intermediate)
- work accurately and neatly
- work without supervision
- work in a team as well as individually
- the basic services and products that a distribution / logistics company offers