Africa investor (Ai) is offering an exciting all-rounder role for an eager, young individual looking to hone their talent through an internship with a leading African publication/events/research/communications company.
Ai needs a creative, young, dynamic and hard-working individual to assist Ai’s Creative Director with the design of its magazine (80-96 page publication produced six times a year), events materials (brochures, programmes, etc) and other corporate materials (business cards, letterheads, etc).
In addition, the individual will be able to conceptualise promotional video material and edit footage into creative videos. The candidate will take ownership of this aspect and must therefore have experience in FinalCut Pro. No chancers in this respect!
The applicant must have zeal for design and have a confident eye for detail. They must be able to work to tight deadlines and deal well with pressure. Above all, they must be willing to learn. The candidate needs to have a degree/diploma in design and must have video editing experience.
He/she should be available to start at Ai immediately. Own transport to and from work essential.
Duties include assisting with:
- Bi-monthly magazine (including conceptualizing and designing of the front covers)
- Video editing
- Creating print ready PDFs and sending the magazine to print
- Client advertisements
- Events branding (pull-up banners, programmes, name tags etc)
- Company CI, sales collateral and marketing materials
- Special ad hoc projects
- Administrative duties
Please send your CV, with a covering letter and a recent portfolio of your work PDF format (max 3Mb) demonstrating your experience.
Africa investor is an investment specialist communications firm advising governments, international organisations and businesses on communication strategies for capital market and foreign direct investments in Africa. Africa investor publishes Africa investor, the leading international newsstand magazine for Africa’s investment decision makers; maintains the Africa investor 40 Investors’ Index, hosts the Ai Index Series Summit & Awards and the Africa investor Infrastructure Projects Summit & Awards, among other events.
• Relevant tertiary qualification
• Knowledge of Apple Mac systems
• Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, FinalCut Pro
• Ability to handle stress and work under pressure
• Punctuality and respect for deadlines
• Keen eye for detail
• Must be a team player
• Experience in basic web design
• Knowledge of printing processes
• Commitment to seeing each project through to finality
• Driven to improve on all new material designed
• A passion for Africa
• Knowledge of Flash
The potential designer must be friendly and enjoy working with his/her team and be willing to put in extra hours whenever required. Must be able to work under pressure
011 783 2431