Closing Date: 13 February 2013
Stipend: R4 500.00
The 2013 Diesel Technician Apprenticeship intake is now open. Apprenticeships are available across the country in various regions.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- A willingness to undergo theoratical training as part of the programme
- Willingness to work in a workshop focussing primarily on the maintenance and servicing of our products
- The ability to train as a Diesel Technician (on both the mechanical and electronical aspects of our products)
- Very strong technical abilities
- Willingness to enter into an apprentice contract with Volvo SA and the SETA
- Volvo reserves the right not to employ any appprentice on a permanent basis after successful completion of the apprenticeship.
- A keen interest in the field of diesel mechanics
- Please note that this is only an apprentice contract with Volvo SA and not a permanent employment contract.
- Although it is not a requirement candidates who have a maximum of three years working experience in a commercial vehicles workshop will be considered
- Candidates who are currently completing grade 12 will be considered for intake
- A minumum of a 50%(adequate level) pass at grade 12 on the above subjects
- A minimum of a grade 12 with maths and science or Maths with Technical Subjects
- Candidates who have completed a maximum of a N3 (NQF LEVEL4) technical qualification with maths will be considered
Volvo is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of commercial vehicles. Our products are sold in more than 130 countries. Our ambitions always offer the most efficient, safest and most environmentally considerate vehicles on the market and to be valued as the world’s leading provider of commercial transport solutions. These ambitions can only be realized through competent and motivated personnel.
How to Apply