Closing Date: 05 September 2014
Location: Western Cape
To ensure that Social Work services are provided by supervisees through the promotion of social change, problem solving in human relationships and the empowerment and liberation of people to enhance social well-being.
- A formal tertiary qualification in Social Work (or equivalent qualification);
- Must be registered with South African Council for Social Service Profession as a Social Worker with no experience
- Develop, determine and plan programmes to render the recommended interventions efficiently, effectively and economically;
- Implement the recommended interventions by providing continuous support, counseling, guidance and advice to the affected individuals, groups, families and communities;
- Produce and maintain records of social work interventions, processes and outcomes;
- Monitor and study the social services legal and policy framework continuously;
- Perform all the administrative functions required of the job.
- Good communication (written and verbal) skill in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape;
- Must be able to exchange information in a clear and concise manner with clients and supervisors including report writing;
- Self-management and motivation skills;
- Good planning and organizing skills.
How to Apply
|East Coast Region: Apply for the Department of Social Development Social Worker Opportunity
Enquiries: Ms M Kotze (Khayelitsha 1) at (021) 360 2102 or
Ms S Theunissen (Kraaifontein) at (021) 840 3500 or
Ms M Rebe (Eerste River) at (021) 900 4500
|West Coast Region: Apply for the Department of Social Development Social Worker Opportunity
EEnquiries: Ms A Mostert at (027) 482 1078
|South Region: Apply for the Department of Social Development Social Worker Opportunity
EEnquiries: Ms P Magadla (Mitchell’s Plain and Gugulethu) at (021) 370 4800 or
Ms M Nogoduka (Phillipi and Athlone) at (021) 834 7000
|North Region: Apply for the Department of Social Development Social Worker Opportunity
Enquiries: Ms C Engel (Langa) at (021) 483 7675 or
Mr E October (Bellville) at (021) 483 7674
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will receive further correspondence. If you have not received a response from the department within three months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.