Closing Date: 30 September 2016
The Masakhi’iSizwe Bursary Programme offers bursaries for study towards a degree or higher diploma in the following disciplines:
- Construction Management.
- Civil Engineering.
- Electrical Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Quantity Surveying.
- Town and Regional Planning.
During term time the bursaries cover:
- Tuition fees.
- all prescribed books and materials.
- accommodation and meals (or transport costs).
Bursaries are renewed each year for the duration of the degree, subject to academic performance and fulfilment of the bursary conditions.
The bursaries are offered on a work-back basis. In other words, you will have to work for the public service for every year of the bursary. During your studies you will also need to:
- Attend workshops, learning events and meetings organised by the Programme.
- Undertake academic vacation placements at sites determined by the Programme.
- Participate in service learning and/or volunteer programmes organised by the Programme.
To apply for one of these bursaries you must be:
- A South African citizen.
- Be accepted at the relevant tertiary institution.
Preference will be given to financially disadvantaged female learners from rural areas of South Africa.
How do I apply?
Download Bursary Application Form. Applications can be faxed or delivered to:
Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Programme
Department of Transport and Public Works
Private Bag X 9185
Fax: 021 483 2615
Comments are closed.