Closing Date: 28 February 2014 @ 16:00
Salary: R 82 851 per annum
Enquiries: Mr I Louw or Ms S vd Merwe, Tel: 021 959 7700
Ref: APR 1/2014
Department: Department of Transport and Public Works
Component: Bellville Mechanical Workshop, Construction and Maintenance
Purpose: Learners will receive training in an apprenticeship programme.
- Pass in Technical Matric or N-stream;
- Pass in Mathematics and Science;
- Under the age of 21 years
- Passed the following subjects:
- Technical Graphic and Design;
- Mechanical Technology;
- A valid driver’s licence.
Prescribed training will include:
- Attending technical classes at Technical Colleges;
- Practical training will also be provided in and on construction machinery as required (which will include hands-on training in field workshops);
- Occupational Health and Safety measures and prescripts;
- Practical and theory training will also be provided at the training school;
- Cleaning and storing of tools as required;
- Cleaning workshop building and premises;
- Upholding good interpersonal relations;
- Undertake administrative tasks.
- Knowledge of tools and construction machinery;
- Communication (written and verbal) skills;
- Hand skills;
- Practical mechanical study
- Hands on ability.
How to Apply
To apply, submit your application online or a manual application. If you do submit a manual application, please complete an application form (Z83) and current CV (5 pages maximum) together with certified copies of ID, Academic qualifications and proof of other requirements as indicated in the advertisement. The position being applied for and the reference number for must be clearly indicated on the Z83 application form.
The candidature of applicants will be considered on the information as supplied in the submitted application documentation. Applicants who are considered for the interview and further selection processes may be required to submit documentation supporting such information with due regard to conditions that may be set. Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend an interview and/or competency assessments/proficiency tests on a date and time as determined by the department.
Forward your application to, Attention: Ms S vd Merwe, Department of Transport and Public Works, Bellville Mechanical Workshop, Private Bag X2, Kasselsvlei, 7533 or hand -deliver to Robert Sebukwe Road (Modderdam Rd), Bellville South.Applications not submitted on or before the closing date as well as faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
If you have not received a response within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.