Closing Date: 13 June 2014 at 16:00
STIPEND: R 5 000.00 per month
Department: Department of Transport and Public Works Reference number: Student Intake 1/2014
The Department will be recruiting students for the completion of a 12 month training course at the Gene Louw Traffic College, Brackenfell.
Selected candidates must obtain their own accommodation while attending the programme. It should be noted that permanent Provincial Inspector positions may be offered to students after the completion of the training programme, should vacancies exist.
The Traffic Centre’s where positions will be considered are as follows:
- Somerset West;
To qualify you must be in possession of the following:
- Grade 12 (or equivalent qualification) – NQF 4;
- A valid code B manual driver’s licence;
- Able to communicate (written and verbal) in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape Province;
- Physically fit and able to do strenuous exercises;
- Have no criminal record and will be subject to undergo fingerprint checks by the SAPS;
- Must qualify to be appointed as an Authorised Officer and for appointment as a Peace Officer in terms of the Criminal Procedure Act 51 of 1977;
- Must reside in the immediate vicinity of their selected Traffic Centres.
- 1 year driving experience will serve as a recommendation;
- Applicants younger than 35 will receive preference.
Shortlisted applicants must be prepared to undergo the following tests:
- Fingerprint checks by the SAPS;
- Knowledge test;
- Fitness test;
- Driving test;
- Medical test;
Duties will entail:
- Enforce road traffic, public passenger and transport legislations;
- Provide visible traffic control and traffic policing;
- Promote and ensure crime prevention activities;
- Perform all administrative activities and related duties.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will receive further correspondence. If you have not received a response from the department within three months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.
Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
How to Apply
Apply for the Western Cape Government: Provincial Student Traffic Inspector Programme 2014 / 2015
ENQUIRIES: Mr D Smit at (021) 983 1503/ 1500