Closing Date: 30 November 2013
The Wholesale and Retail SETA (W&RSETA) is offering bursaries for the second consecutive year to learners who have successfully completed W&RSETA Learnerships at NQF level 2, 3, 4 or 5 and who want to register to further their studies at public Higher Education Institutions.
The W&RSETA has identified as one of its strategic objectives the need to support learners who have successfully completed W&RSETA Learnerships by offering them bursaries to further their studies thus addressing Outcome 4.2.3. of the National Skills Development Strategy which is to ensure that high-level national Scarce Skills are being addressed by work-ready graduates from Higher Education Institutions Learners must have completed the W&RSETA’s NQF 2, 3, 4 or 5 Learnerships and could either be employed or unemployed.
The W&RSETA has made available 1000 bursaries to:
- 500 employed learners and 500 unemployed learners.
- The programme is for full-time or part-time studies at any public South African University. The duration of the qualification should not exceed 3 years.
- Learners who will be accepted by their preferred public South African University
This Bursary is restricted to learners who enroll for qualifications related to the Wholesale and Retail Sector and which seek to address any of the following Scarce Skills identified in the W&R Sector Skills Plan:
- Retail Management;
- Food and Beverage Scientist
- Operations Management
- Purchasing Management (Buyers and Planners);
- Financial Management
- Financial Business Analyst
- Bookkeeping/BCom Accounting
- Retail Business Analyst
Applications must be accompanied by the following documents:
- An updated CV (with contact details etc.);
- A certified copy of the W&RSETA NQF 2, 3, 4 or 5 certificate;
- A certified copy of their Matric certificate or equivalent qualification;
- A completed application form which is obtainable on the W&RSETA website (www.wrseta.org.za) or from the W&RSETA Head Office and Regional Offices.
All applications must reach the W&RSETA on or before the closing date. Information about this specific bursary programme can be obtained from Elizabeth Maila at W&RSETA Head Office on 012 622 9500 or use our free SMS line on 30909 with your details for the W&RSETA to contact you. All Applications must be posted to Private Bag X106, Centurion, 0046 or submitted to the nearest regional office.
If you do not receive any correspondence from the W&RSETA by 31st January 2014, please regard your application as unsuccessful.