If you are the kind of person who doesn’t settle for mediocre, who aims high, dreams of creating a new Southern Africa and enjoys a challenge – you’re going to love this opportunity. The Allan Gray Orbis Foundation awards university scholarships to ambitious, entrepreneurial Grade 12s who aren’t afraid of a bit of hard work and who long to achieve greatness. The student Scholarships provide full financial support to complete a university degree in the fields of commerce, engineering and science (excluding medicine).
University Scholarship Application Criteria
If you think you’ve got what it takes to become an Allan Gray Fellow, you should definitely apply for this university scholarship opportunity. There are a few essentials:
- You must have a minimum average of 65% for your mid-year exams (yes, academics are important).
- You must be a South African, Botswana, Swaziland or Namibian citizen.
- You need to possess entrepreneurial flair and a whole lot of passion.
- You should demonstrate the hallmarks of intellectual imagination, personal initiative, Spirit of Significance, courageous commitment and achievement excellence.
- You must believe in the future of Southern Africa and feel passionate about being a catalyst for change.
Got what it takes to qualify for the student Scholarships on offer from the Foundation?
- Grade 12 application for university scholarship: Click here to download
(Deadline 12h00 May 31, 2012)
- Grade 12 application for university scholarship (Namibian Application): Click here to download
(Deadline 12h00 June 29, 2012)
- 1st Year application for university scholarship: Click here to download
(Deadline 12h00 August 31, 2012)
- Grade 6 application for high school scholarship: Closed
- Grade 7 application for high school scholarship (Namibian Application): Click here to download(Deadline 12h00 June 8, 2012)
What the University Scholarships Cover
With a student bursary from the Foundation, your university tuition and residence fees will be covered. You will also get a book and living allowance – making your life at university a lot easier by allowing you to focus on the things that really matter, rather than worrying about money and part-time jobs. In addition to these benefits, the university scholarships include exposure to business, mentorship and entrepreneurial mindset development programmes as well as access to funding for post graduate studies.
Source: Allan Gray
The Foundation offers student Scholarships at the following institutions: the University of the Witwatersrand (WITS), the University of Johannesburg (UJ), the University of Pretoria (UP), the University of Cape Town (UCT), the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU), Rhodes University (RU) and the University of the Western Cape (UWC).