Closing date: 31 July 2022
APPLICANTS ARE INVITED TO APPLY TO THE GAUTENG COLLEGE OF NURSING TO STUDY TOWARDS THE DIPLOMA IN NURSING IN 2023 AT ONE OF THE COLLEGE CAMPUSES: ANN LATSKY CAMPUS, BONALESEDI CAMPUS, CHRIS HANI BARAGWANATH CAMPUS OR SG LOURENS CAMPUS
- Must be a South African citizen, who resides in the Gauteng Province.
- In possession of one of the following school leaving certificates.
- A Senior Certificate (Standard 10), National Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or National Certificate (Vocational Level 4.
- The following subject criteria are required.
- Senior Certificate English HG D or SG C,
- Biology HG D Or SGC
- Mathematics HG D Or SG C and an M score of 17 –
- National Senior Certificate English Level 4 Life Sciences Level 4. Mathematics Level 4 of Maths Literacy Level 5, and an APS of 27 or more (Life Orientation counts all the score).
- Current Grade 12 learners must meet the National Serior Certificate requirements in their Grade 11 final results.
- National Certificate Vocational Level 4 50% in Fundamental Subjects (English First Additional Language, Maths/Maths Literacy
- Life Orientation and 60% in the Vocational Subjects (SA Health Care System, Public Health, The Human Body and Mind and Community Oriented Primary Care)
- Individuals who are already in the nursing profession (Nursing Auxiliary and Enrolled Nurses) and meet the entry requirements are also invited to apply
Competencies and attributes: • Passion for nursing. Problem-solving ability • Patience. Ability to relate to people Organisational ability Leadership ability • Flexibility • Calmness during a crisis. Communication, numeracy and life skills Computer literacy . Study skills. Honesty • Compassionate and caring
Notes: All short-listed applicants will undergo a compulsory psychometric assessment Successful applicants on psychometric assessment will be required to undergo medical surveillance, Induding a physical examination and verification of all documentation
Applicants are required to scan and upload their Senior/National Senior/National Certificate (Vocational) or statement of Grade 12 results or final Grade 11 results. Gauteng Department of Health will offer financial assistance to successful candidates in the form of a bursary
How to Apply
Apply Online for the Gauteng College of Nursing traineeship Programme 2023. Completion of all processes during the recruitment and selection process does not guarantee final selection for the programme. Successful applicants will be required to: Sign an agreement with the Gauteng Department of Health Attend lectures. Be prepared to participate in Work Integrated Learning (WIL) which includes shifts and working on public holidays, weekends and nights in Gauteng Department of Health hospitals and clinics as part of the programme requirements
Enquiries: Gauteng Central Selection – Centre tel. (011) 644-8946 NB: For assistance with online technical error messages, please email your queries to [email protected]