Closing Date: 08 June 2012
Apply online for one of the following:
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Management
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Instrumentation and Control Systems Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Process Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
The Murray & Roberts Graduate Development Programme assists in meeting the long term human capital and leadership needs of the Group through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining graduates.
The 12 month programme provides graduates with a unique opportunity to develop a full and diversified career in a world class organisation with a global presence.
What is the aim of the programme?
The Murray & Roberts Graduate Development Programme is designed to attract young graduates who align themselves with our values and delivery promise of World Class fulfilment.
The programme offers them an opportunity to develop a career within the organisation. It is our desire that our graduates reach their objectives of professional registration.
Murray & Roberts recruits B Eng, BSc and B Tech graduates with a strong academic record.
To be considered you need to:
- Be a South African citizen or permanent resident
- Have no more than two years full time work experience since graduating
- Be prepared to work in any area of the country where your skills are needed.
- Participation in extramural activities, achievement and leadership ability will also be considered when making a decision.
Will there be support?
Yes, there is ample support for our graduates. During the 12 months the graduates are assigned a programme coordinator who facilitates the structuring of their programme, a line manager that provides the relevant work experience, and a mentor who is responsible for their holistic development.
The mentor ensures that the graduate receives the appropriate exposure to achieve the development objectives. Other executives also take a keen interest in the development of our graduates.
Will I be rewarded for my contributions?
You are employed on a permanent basis from day one. Salary and employee benefits are comprehensive and market related. The benefits include pension fund, medical aid and Group Life cover.
What happens after 12 months?
Your development within Murray & Roberts will be monitored throughout your career with us by our executives who take a keen interest in our graduates. Support and vital training required to enable professional registration will also be provided.
After the 12 month programme the operating entities are usually able to place you in a suitable area having considered the business need and your area of interest and skills. Movement in your early career at Murray & Roberts will be determined by opportunity, performance and competence.
You will also become part of a Graduate Development network that helps future graduates in establishing themselves at Murray & Roberts.
What is the application/selection process?
- Phase 1 – Apply from 8 March until 8 June 2012
- Phase 2 – Should you be successful in the first phase, you will be invited by email to complete an online assessment, after which you will be invited by email to attend psychometric assessments in Johannesburg or Cape Town
- Phase 3 – Should you be shortlisted after Phase 2, you will be invited by email to attend a practical round in Johannesburg
- Phase 4 – Should you be shortlisted after Phase 3, you will be invited by email to attend panel interviews in Johannesburg
- Phase 5 – Should you be shortlisted after Phase 4, you will be invited by email to attend 2nd round interviews at the offices of the Murray & Roberts company that has shown interest in placing you
- Phase 6 – Offers will be made to successful candidates
For any queries, please contact Client Service on 011 456 1144 or email: email@example.com.