Closing Date: 10 November 2020
Under supervision of a Quality Coordinator, you will be primarily involved in lab management of the Quality lab with project specific work at times. Integrity and accountability are essential for this role ensuring that tests and methods are performed as per Unilever Methods of Analysis.
- Physical and chemical property analysis of finished products and raw materials
- Preparation of lab batches of finished goods for organoleptic testing or consumer tests
- Maintaining inventory management system. i.e Control of stock within the laboratory, including ordering, testing and obtaining analysis certificates as required
- Operation of lab equipment in accordance with best practice operations.
- Ensure calibration of all laboratory equipment are timeously done.
- Participation in internal and external quality audits with completion of actions thereafter
- Ensure proper waste management and good housekeeping is maintained
- Adherence to safety standards, food safety standards and Good Manufacturing practices (GMP).
Skills and Requirements
- Studying towards a Diploma in Analytical Chem or Biochemistry/Microbiology and requiring P1/P2 work experience
- Familiar with laboratory environment, procedures and practices
- Role will require some degree of manual labour i.e. lifting boxes/powder up to 10kg
- Use of computer software programs – Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word is essential
- Good communication skills both written and verbal – proficient in English
- Subject to medical assessment – lung function
Apply Online for the Unilever Quality Managemet P1 & P2 In-Service Trainee Internship Programme
- Matric with Maths & Physical Science
- Working towards Relevant Diploma in Industrial /Chemical Engineering
- Requiring 1-year in-service training
- Candidates need to provide their Matric Certificate and Academic Transcript with their CV’s
- Basic computer literacy, i.e.: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Develop Reports and Maintenance Documentation
- Review of OEM Spare Parts, Operating and Repair manuals
- Carry out project work.
- Support breakdown repair. (During Week and Weekend)
- Support Restoration Activities (During Week and Weekend)
- Assist artisans and technicians
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Standard Maintenance Procedures (SMP’s) and One Point Lessons (OPL’s)
- Participate in delivering the continuous improvement programme which involves internal audits, mock recalls, project team involvement, involvement in WCM initiatives & the site SHE programmes
Apply Online for the Unilever Engineering P1 & P2 In-Service Trainee Internship Programme Trainee